View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 18:51

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

http://www.netrition.com/low_carb_tortillas_page.html

It doesn't look like it from the description on Netrition, but there's no actual ingredient list. It says total carbs = 19, 5 are sugars and 14 are fiber....so there's no sign of hidden carbs there. But, it does concern me that there is no list of all ingredients.

Also, you may have a personal food allergy to any one of the ingredients listed! I have a friend that allergic to soy....he found out when he started drinking supplements to gain weight. A lot contain soy and he found himself almost living in the bathroom! It's the only thing he's allergic to....no other foods or meds....but it's a doozy of a reaction!

Try eating and not eating soy products (and anything else listed on the pkg) and see how your body behaves. It may take up to 2 weeks to be able to tell, esp if taken in small amounts (small as in a regular diet as opposed to pigging out!). Because of this, "normal" foods, that "no-body" is allergic to are cousing all kinds of problems for some people....because they ARE allergic! Personally, I wonder just how many people with "irritable bowel syndrome" (a new disease I might add) actually have allergies to the foods they eat!

I just recently found that cottage cheese might be a problem! And it was because I pigged out on it! I have stomach trouble and had been having a nice week, with no cramps, gas, etc....and then I kinda pigged out on cottage cheese. The next day I was miserable! It was over 20 hrs later, so it took me a minute.....but a few days later I had some more and the same thing!