View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 20:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I think for the milk I'm not going to worry about it too much. She's really pro-water for lunch and I don't want to start causing friction with her. I'll make sure she has a glass at dinner and/or after school. I think with the yogurt, eggs, green veggies at dinner, etc. she'll be getting enough calcium elsewhere. Next time we are at the store I'll look for the single serve milks (that's cool, I never knew they had those) and see if she is interested. She does get freaked out if her milk gets the least bit warm so I'm thinking she won't go for it if it's sitting in her backpack all morning (even if I put an ice pack in to keep stuff cold -- it's all in her head).

Speaking of the yogurt, the kids still LOVE it. I found a SF strawberry syrup made by Sugar Twin today (I think it's supposed to be for ice cream-- 1 carb that is a sugar alcohol so I can put it on my stuff too). I put a little squirt in the yogurt today along with frozen cherries and strawberries and they liked it better than the chocolate I did yesterday.

I'm going to try the celery and cream cheese or peanut butter (probably PB, she's iffy on cream cheese). Problem is, the celery I bought this weekend was mutant. Every single stalk on the entire thing was rolled up so tightly that I couldn't get anything between it. Strange, that has never happened to me before! We did roll-up samplers today and found "THE ONE." 2 pcs of lunch meat and a slice of swiss rolled in. I stuck it together with a light layer of sour cream. A hit -- I'm packing 3 in her lunch tomorrow (I think I'm going to even start eating it for breakfast myself!).

Good idea about the afternoon snack. I have a meeting with her teacher this week and I'm going to see what their policy on classroom eating is. I've found these days a lot of schools let you bring something to class. If they can't eat in the class-- I don't know. She's rather clumsy and discombobulated -- she'll totally get busted. Also, there are a few kids the sit near her that already have it in for her, I know they will tattle. She loves pepperoni slices, jerky and string cheese. That's stuff we have on hand normally so it would be perfect.

She's been really receptive and excited about this WOE so far. I just need to make sure I keep her carbs at a good level. She can't stand to loose any weight. At 8 she's only 63 lbs. Very petite -- she got the "good" genes of the family!