View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 15:36

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

OK first off, there's no such thing as a dumb question.

Second, as for measuring, for the most part you can measure yourself fairly easily with an inexpensive tape measure, which can be bought at any fabric area in department stores (ask if yu can't find it) and most pharmacies. You want to make sure the tape is snug, but not tight, Measure at your "natural" waist....which should be the narrowest part of your torso....but for many of us is hard to find. Use your belt line if there are any questions. Your chest should be under the arms, again at the fullest point. Hips the same....the widest point. The main thing is to measure in the same place each time. The recomendations are usually waist, chest and hips.....but a lot of people measure thighs, calves, upper arm (can be a bit tricky alone!). It's up to you.....but the important thing is to measure in as nearly the same place as possible. You should be standing relaxed when you measure, "puffing out" gives false readings.

As for question number two, I'll let someone more knowlegale answer that one....all I know is the more I drink the faster and more consistently I loose, regardless of the diet I'm on. I'm sure someone can give a more scientific answer than I can!

Looks like you're doing well! You're on ongoing weight loss phase now?