View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 10:38

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Yikes!

Wenzday--I'm sorry that it came to that with your mom. Diabetes is tough. Hopefully her doc will recommend something low-carb; she might listen to him/her.
When I become an OB/GYN, I plan on telling my patients about lc.
On your signature you state that you've never been this low, so losing weight will be hard. Not to discourage you, but yup. I'd never been below 150, even when I was 12. After you get below your body's 'set-point', though, it becomes easier. But your body may still fight you. Mine does sometimes.

angieK--That sounds like a good idea. Dh and I do try to call her as much as possible. But both of us work 6 days a week (no hyperbole). We see them as much as we can.

Thankfully, my SIL is going back on Atkins. She was on it once before-she did wonderfully! She went from a size 22 to an 18 in a month (she's still at an 18). She's 5'6" and large framed, so she only wants to go to a 10/12. She is a member here, but never comes around and never posts.
Maybe when my SIL goes back on it, having 2 lc'ers in the house (she and my FIL) will help encourage her.