View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228.5/208.5/125 Female 5 feet 3 1/2 iinches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Help! I've got diarrhea, cramps,and nausea.

Here's my story, I'll try to make it short. I was on Atkins several months ago, lost weight, loved it, went off it one night for a birthday party and had really severe cramps, and diarrhea for the next two days. Since then I've had these problems intermittently, I've been off Atkins most of the time. I had a colonoscopy during this time. My doc, who is an Atkins fan, says I have diverticulosis but he couldn't figure out why I have the problems. I've been free of problems for three weeks now, decided to go back on Atkins. Second day in (day before yesterday) I had terrible D. again, some cramps, some nausea. The only thing I can figure that's different from ordinary food is Splenda; otherwise, I had ordinary food, all of it on the induction list. I stopped the Splenda, none yesterday, none today. Still felt nauseated yesterday. Today I felt fine until I ate something, now I have nausea again. I really want to stay with Atkins but it's awful to be nauseated all the time and I'm just waiting to see if I'll come up with the cramps and d. I had before. I looked up Splenda side effects on google and except for a few "alternative" sites there doesn't seem to be much possibility that it's Splenda.

Thanks for any ideas or help about this.
Sponsored Links