#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 01:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/202/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Something i realized today.

I was thinking today about how these past 4 years, (while at college, GREAT TIMES, but unhealthy lifestyle for me) I have totally ignored/denied my unhealthy habits. I gained weight and never seriously took care of my health via eating habits. I made late night food runs, binge drank/ate with friends. But yet, while i promoted this unhealthy lifestyle i became more obsessed than ever about my hair, my makeup and my overall hygeine. I am obsessed with skincare and I mean ive always been into that, but just before i went on atkins, i was obsessed with plucking my eyebrows perfectly, conditioning my hair, perfect makeup, etc. Anyway, i just had this internal switch flip today when i realize that although im still obsessed with myself (lol) I realize that it takes a lot more than makeup and hair to make myself feel good about myself. Why didn't i take some of the energy i put into hygeine into my physical health! Jeesh, i mean who cares if your eyebrowns are perfect if your gonna die of a heart attack at age 30. I dunno, this is kinda a pointless post, but i just realized today that it's not as imporant to me how "groomed" i am as how healthy i am. Simple idea really, but new to me. I guess i was trying to deny the weight gains by tending to my skin, hair and makeup.

Ive only lost 15 pounds and im already loads happier about myself. Honestly ive never really lost weight, ussually when i get a "crush" or into a relationship i loose a little because of the
butterflys and what not, but i always gain it back. I've never been a yo yo dieter cause well, ive never been a dieter. Anyway i just thought i would share. I love this place. Gives me so much motivation to see everyones numbers dropping.

Thanks for listening.

Heidi
Sponsored Links