View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 20:48

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

You've GOT to drink lots and lots of water! And stay away from salt...including hidden salts. If I don't drink a minimum of 10 8-oz glasses of water a day it shows on the scale. I gained 5 lbs during the week and it was because a new spice I was using had salt in it and I didn't realize it. And if I go a couple of days without drinking all 10 glasses of water, that makes me retain fluid, too. Stay away from high-sodium foods (celery, tomatoes and canned veggies have sodium, too).

You know what really helped me? Skipping the scale and using the tape. I got obsessive about the scale and it kept me so upset I now only weight ONCE a week. And know that if it seems to be high it could be water weight. The tape shows the inches lost and that is more important...but keep in mind that if you are bloated it will really show on the waist measurement. I have taped and had as much as an inch show back up on my waist...but my eyes and hands were swollen and as soon as the water weight was gone, so were the extra inches. DON'T GIVE UP! You didn't gain your weight quickly and won't lose it quickly. Give this WOE at least a couple of months and then reevaluate and see how you feel. Stay honest with the carbs (and be sure to take in the minimum) and I think you will be able to look back and see progress. After my initial two-week induction weight loss, my progress has been only a pound a week. Slow compared to a lot of other people. But after 10 weeks I can really see a difference. I got frustrated, angry, whiney and irritable...but stuck with it and have no regrets.