#19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/170/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default demands

ok, i just have to toss my two cents worth in.

I am not a single parent however I do have 3 wonderfull step-children.(I only add that because of the content of this.)
Their mother used to let them eat what ever they wanted after school and for dinner. To the point she would even cook 3 different things....I understand she was try to compensate and show her love. However it was detrimenatal to 2 of the kids. The oldest (a girl) and the middle (boy) they both have a different body type and metabolism ;than their brother. My daughter was a size 12 in womens when in 6th grade. She would not change in front of anyone. walked around with her hads up around her and very self concious. She is now 14 and has slimmed down to a size 9. This is in part that she plays a lot of soccer....5-6 times a week for a couple hours each. ... I am happy for her. We dont always eat right here at home. In fact I was 135 in 97 and now 189. I am the one who cooks meals. All of my children know that what I fix is what there is to eat. Sometimes I fix stuff they dont really like and they may say so, and if it turns out to really be that bad I dont make it again. However if its not so bad then we doctor it up some. I dont always expect them to eat what I want so I do try to fix stuff they like also. They get cereal and I dont. They get pancakes I dont.
However they will taste what I make and if that is something they like they are more than welcome to have it. I made the mock french toast the other morning and my daughter said it wasnt bad, and she does not like eggs either....
And for dinner I have been making low carb things.
I guess what I am trying to say is.....dont let him demand anything of you. You are the adult and need to be in control of your home. You may offer what you wish. I dont know if you have used the recipe section of this site or not but I have found it very helpful....When I come across something that sounds strange I just keep an openmind and try it. So far it works pretty well..My daughter is sometimes my toughest critics but at the same time she can be the most helpful. She will usually be honest, even if it sometimes hurts. She thinks I am strange with some of this stuff but is there. So maybe just take sometime with him and laugh about what you find here. I know I have rambled but there are so many thoughts running through my head..

TIP*******can find small BBQ drip pans make meals for 2 and freeze.......