View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 17:19

Plan: Low Carb/VSG
Stats: 347/173/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 118%
Cool Hang in There!

Hang in there, sweetie! It gets better, trust me!

I was 320 lbs, 2 years ago...after being on a low fat diet that starved me half to death, I decided to try atkins. I've only lost 50 lbs.....although I'm happy about my weight loss, I'm more happy because I can honestly say "no" to sweets now.....

To give you some background----I used to go on binges, OFTEN. I'd eat a whole cheesecake, a whole wack of chocolate bars, anything sweet..and I couldn't stop! SO...how did I manage to go 8 months without sweets? I just had faith in the diet.....you can overcome it...when you want sweets, FEED yourself...eat a steak! You'll be so full and so satisfied, you won't want sweets....AND...try some supplements...L-Glutamine is GREAT! Do things to keep your mind off of it----I chat on the internet......TALK about your diet...that really helps....you have to BELIEVE that sugar is BAD.

When you're off induction.....you can always try sugar-free chocolate--in my opinion, some are better than chocolate with real sugar! The important thing is, don't despair! It's all up to you!......Give yourself an option---if you stick to the diet for x amount of weeks, you can have whatever goody you want......trust me, when that amount of time arrives, you won't want it... consider it a challenge...they are soooo many rewards.....have faith in it!

Good luck to you! Just remember, we've all been where you are---come here and vent.....it'll help!