View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 15:41

Plan: BFL
Stats: 150/140/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Frustrations

You know how some days you just have to vent and there are things that just make you go, "hmmmmm..." Today was one of them.
I have very proud of myself lately--feeling very in control and staying within the guidelines I have laid out for myself. I'm a total carb addict and by now I know myself well enough not even to take that first bite of something or I'll binge, setting off that vicious circle of guilt etc I'm sure we all know well.
I watched the people I work with today pack away a lot of stuff (I'm really observant about this these days...not vocal, just observant.They ordered lunch (pizza) snacked on popcorn and rice krispie squares and stuff like that (using the old "this stuff is great, and it's low fat! excuse--this seems to make it OK to stuff yourself silly). As usual, they offered me some, and as usual I declined in favor of my usual pepperoni stick and cheese afternoon snack.
One of them commented, "she's no fun anymore".
This really kinda hurt me. These are the same people that complain bitterly that they're not happy with themselves, but I'm no fun anymore because I'm trying to be the best I can be?
The last time I checked my personality wasn't linked to what I put in my mouth. I haven't changed.
This has been very hard for me to stick to and I guess I just wish people could MYOB and not try to trash someone else's methods or conviction.
Am I being too sensitive? I've never once made any comments judging anyone else's choice of food. Why can't they seem to respect mine?

Anyway, thanks for listening guys. I find the support here I can find no where else, even if it's just writing it all down instead of keeping it inside.
Sponsored Links