View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 07:00

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Ah, yes, there's nothing quite like a visit to a doctor who is predisposed to assume that I am fat because I am lazy. I had to visit my doctor's office a couple of months ago to have some stitches taken. Couldn't see my regular doc so I saw his partner. His partner is a fitness buff. He did the stitches, then started making comments about people who eat meat all the time --- blah, blah, blah - don't exercise, blah, blah, blah.

Saw the partner again a week or so ago for an ear infection. I've lost weight and he made a comment and asked what diet I was following. I looked him straight in the eye and said Atkins and I don't want to hear any of your negative comments about it. It works far better than that low fat/high carb starve to death on less than 1,000 calories a day diet YOU think I should be following. I get a lot of exercise with my dogs everyday and when the weather is good I walk about a mile on my lunch hour everyday plus housework, yardwork, cardio - I don't think I'm lazy.

I will avoid the partner from now on. Can't stand him anyway! My regular doc is a real gem and I don't know how he got such a stuffy partner.