Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 21:45
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraelle
Why not just get him hooked on Mickey D's sliced grilled chicken salads--they're a heck of alot more healthy than a greaseburger, at least from Atkins perspective, and they come with a generous packet of Newman's Own (I prefer his Caesar dressing myself).

Sorry, although my son actually LIKES salad, I know of not a single instance in captivity where a kid will want a salad when there are Happy Meals to be had!

I think there's absolutely NO harm in limiting refined flours and sugar from kids' diets. My son doesn't notice the difference in the sugarfree ice cream he gets, I give him "light" bread..I can even get away with making low-carb pasta, since he's SO fond of anything I call "casserole" or "hotdish" I don't even think he CARES!

I try not to make a federal case out of having cookies in the house, since it's the forbidden things that taste SO much sweeter...aren't we all a bit that way! I just make sure it's not the kind I like..I'm only human....

Milk really IS just one source of calcium. Especially if the kids take a supplement, or even better, get it from natural sources like your boys are, Janenne, I'm sure it'll be fine! I know WAY too many parents who don't care what their kids eat, and THAT'S sad. I'm glad you're making the effort for them, BEFORE they have to go through years of teasing and medical problems.