View Single Post
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 12:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Yeah, Becky, you are right... We all have our problems... And I hear from European friends that it is so hard to get a job nowadays. We have a couple of friends from France and they came here to spend the whole month of August and they said that they would still have another month of vacations... I was shocked and they said that it was a rule that everybody had those loooong vacations because it was a way of creating at least part time jobs because the unemployment was so high.... No, right now I don't have any pets because I live in an apartment with three kids but I had dogs all my life and love them. I had three boxers, one basset hound and one bulldog. You are so right about this diet being a sanity saver. Our situation is very unsteady because I'm a free lancer so I'm never sure how much I'm gonna make in any given month and we have HUGE expenses with the kids since here in Brazil the only good schools (or should I say 'decent' schools) are private schools and the only good doctors are not covered by any health insurance plan. So no matter how much I make, I have to pay school for the two older girls and doctor appointments, shots, etc. for everyone. So you used to live in Mexico? Then you know that in countries like Mexico and South America it is not unusual for middle class people to have maids, right? So, I have a nanny and a cook and I have to pay them as well. I could get rid of them and do everything myself, but then I wouldn't be able to work.... It's a complicated puzzle to solve. So, like you, I decided to address the one problem that I had any control over: my weight! But things will eventually get better and until then we're being good to ourserlves!
We'll have some friends over tonight and we'll be having hot-dogs, just like a bunch of kids. It was my husband's idea, to have a hot-dog party and I loved it, at least I can discard the buns and eat away !
See you and take care !
Ana