#25   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo
Then again (playing devils advocate here), I can certainly see the pharmacists rebelling against low-carb. They are drug pushers, and the drug industry is booming because people keep getting more unhealthy every year due to crappy eating habits. Low-carb revolutionizes what is currently looked upon as "healthy", and has been known to remove dependancy from perscription drugs for some people. I can certainly see how the pharmacists could be threatened by that.

My future goal is to be a pharmacist, maybe if atkins catches on as a lifestyle, there won't be a demand by the time I finish schooling .

Hey, ItsTheWoo!

I'm working toward being a pharmacist, too! However, I don't think either of us have anything to worry about - the demand for pharmacists far exceeds the supply and more pharmacists retire every year than become licensed and go into practice.

Just like any other profession, the majority of pharmacists are well-informed, competent, professionals. Unfortunately there is a fair share of pharmacists that are not quite so competent. (As long as they can get the diploma and pass the state and federal tests, they can practice). Unfortunately, Pharmacists are so well paid that the profession does attract people in it for the money and not for the "right" reasons, people that do tend to abuse the power - especially when many of your retail pharmacies have on pharmacist in charge of several technicians. Luckily, I have not seen a "bad" pharmacy first hand - my pharmacist here is one of the most amazing, dedicated professionals I've seen in any field - but I know they are out there.