View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/201/175 Female 63 inches
BF:Want Some of mine?
Progress: 46%

The GF Grill won't do anything for the tenderness. If you can't afford the better cuts (NY strip, Rib eye, T Bone etc...) try a good sirloin or Club steak (the same as a sirloin only smaller). This is what I usually purchase. If you are going for the cheaper cuts, I have found that a lighter color meat is more tender. Also if you are cooking the steak until well done, it will never be tender, no matter the cut.

Make sure your pan is HOT prior to adding the steak and stays hot after turning (turn only once) so all the good juices don't come out. You want to sear the outside. I like my steak rare-med rare and I would guess a 1" steak takes maybe 8-10 minutes to cook, at the most.

Take a sharp knife prior to cooking and "score" the fat that is present on the edge of your steak, just make several cuts thru it but try to not cut into the meat. This will keep your steak from curling up when cooking.

Grill cooking isn't much different. Pre heat the grill for several minutes so it's hot. Turn only once. Cook on medium high heat.

Hope this all helps!

Jaimie