View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 06:29

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 328/237.4/182 Female 67 inches
BF:50+%/34%/20%
Progress: 62%
Question Am I eating too much?

I'm so paranoid that this whole Atkins things is just-too-good-to-be-true, I gotta ask! Am I eatting too much? Anyone willing to comment/make suggestions/tell me if I'm doing okay/ or doing it wrong with my food choices, I'd really appreciate it! Here's a very typical menu of what I've been eating since I started this diet, just under two weeks ago:

Breakfast/lunch: 3 egg omelet with about 2 ounces of cheedar cheese, 2 mushrooms chopped up, fried in Pam. 6 slices of bacon (sometime an two large all beef hot dogs or two large sausages instead, but still the eggs). 1 or 2 cups of coffee, with half and half.

tons of water (8-10 glasses of water, sometimes more) each day

dinner: 1 1/2 - 2 small salmon steaks (baked in oven, (they come in their own dill sauce) salade of lettuce, a couple of radishes, about 1/4 of a tomato, salade dressing (with no more than 1 gram of carb per tbs, usually it has less than 0.5.)
snack: Sugar free jello with generous helping of whip creme.

I know I should spread my eating, ideally, over three meals and a couple of snacks, but that won't work with my schedule and so far, I think I actually prefer hte less emphasis on food and eating- doing it only twice a day, plus sometimes a small, quick snack of a piece of cheese or some sugar free Jello.

But am I eating too much? Sometimes I have up to 6 cups of coffee, with half and half, but I'm going from usually having as many as 20 cups a day, so 6 cups feels like a major cut back to me.

For dinner I usually have salmon, steak, chicken, some ham, or a bunless hamberger. But breakfast is eggs and bacon almost every morning. I know this isn't an ideal long term diet, but for the first time in my life- I'm never hungry and don't think about food all day. I'm a former chip addict who thought I'd never be able to give them up, yet eating this way, I don't even think of chips now. But am I just fooling myself? Am I doing this wrong?
Thanks to anyone willing to give me their honest advice,
Kathy
Sponsored Links