#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 14:34

Plan: vegetarian low carb
Stats: 172/139/146 Male 5 foot 7.5 inches
BF:21%/16%/8%
Progress: 127%
Smile tiredness and nausea?

Hey guys,

Have been doing a veggie low-carb diet for 6 weeks now and have lost 50% of my goal weight loss (I have been achieving about 1kg per week or 2.2 pounds).

I sometimes feel totally exhausted and nauseus on the diet and because of this I have not started any exercise regime yet. I know this might be down to my application of the diet (I have to get up early and cannot face food so mostly miss breakfast, and stick to 2 meals a day). I also have not restricted my alcohol carbs on the diet. I can cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, chips etc etc, but my wine at the weekends is staying!!

Is this right? I put this down to the lack of sugar energy that I am getting, and I am pretty sure I am in Ketosis, because my wee smells rank (like beef gravy if you must know - and me, a veggie!). I know I should eat less more often, but I have no appetite at all on this diet (or crave the things I am not allowed). I was a total carb junky before.

I know I will hit a hurdle, and hope to use exercise to get over it, but I can't face it with this lack of energy! Any ideas?
Sponsored Links