View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 13:24

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Thumbs down Yep! Soy is Soy

Soy products are not good for us...at least that is my thinking, based upon what I've read about it and other lentils and beans (legumes). Sure, they have a lot of protein in them, but they must be cooked to get the poisons in some of them to safe levels for human consumption. Limas, Favas, Soy and others are toxic in their natural state. They are full of alkaloids. Most of these alkaloids are cooked out of them when we boil them, or whatever...but there are traces left, depending on how well they have been cooked. Some people are deathly allergic to certain types of legumes...that is why restaurants shuld tell you if they are using soy products...every once in a while, somebody comes in that has a terrible allergic reaction and, sometimes, they even die. Of course, there are probably certain people who are allergic to just about anything. Potatoes, yams, tomatoes, peppers, egg plant are all members of the nightshade family...you know, Jimson Weed, morning glories...datura. Potatoes are posionous in their raw state, too, even if you do sprinkle salt on them and eat them raw. That's not a superstition about eating the eyes of potatoes...the eyes of postatoes are chucked full of deadly alkaloids. My question is this...Why eat something that needs to be cooked to make it fit for human consumption? Did you know that cashews are part of the poison ivy family? That's why you aren't supposed to eat them, raw...they will give you a rash, quite often, that is quite painful and could stop yur breathing. At least, that's what I've been told. So, I stay away from them, too. Dairy products are full of lots of stuff that isn't necessarily good for us, either. Forget grains! They are so full of bad stuff like the bad phytates that they are probably the cause...not just a contributor, but the CAUSE of most human autoimmune disorders like arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, lupus, M.S., and cancer. There! Now you have heard from a true Paleo-Dieter! Yeah, we tend to be a little "Neandernutty."