Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 11:05
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%
Red face

Hi Allison!
I can see that we have similiar weights and goals, so I thought I'd let you know my story so you can see this is sort of typical of Induction. I started and within the first 8 days lost 5 pounds! Yipee, and then, the next two days gained a pound lost a pound, lost four pounds, gained two and a half back, eventually lost two more pounds somewhere between days 9 and 12. I would go through the forum reading other people's journals that read; "I lost 15 pounds in the first two weeks!" And be ready to cry/give up/drop below 20 grams of carbs, etc. But, I think those people start out with more to lose, so the initial weight loss is more (10% during 14 day Induction and 5% thereafter is the numbers I always see kicked around) And, yesterday I actually fit into a tiny t-shirt that I haven't worn in a year. So, the scale can be kinda crappy to you on the way down but if you measure, or do the "tight clothes test" you will probably see that you are indeed losing fat from areas of your body.
Also, the one great motivator/inspiration/aid is the journal. I highly recommend everyone to start one. You can keep track of your daily menus there and others in the forum can peek in and give you encouragement, advice, tips, etc. Everyone here goes out of his/her way to be helpful and friendly.
Also, you might want to check out fitday.com to keep track of your carb intake.
--jasmine