View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/229/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up

Hello everyone - i'm so excited to start this!!

Goals for week one
A friend of mine GAVE me her old treadmill. She knows a trainer who told her to walk on it for 10 minutes a day until you can do so comfortably at 3 mph. So i have done that every day this week so far, starting September 22, 2003. i can keep to about 2.6 mph for MOST of the 10 minutes so hopefully that will change here soon.

i have a plethora of exercise tapes. i would like to go through them and, for now, do 2 a week, in addition to the treadmill. i tried a Pilates tape last night but i don't really like the instructor. She seems to make things more complicated than necessary.

What is your past experience with exercise?
i have never been the most athletic person. And i don't have an ounce of competitiveness in me with regards to sports. The exercise routine i have been able to stick with most is Jazzercise. i actually really LOVE Jazz. But a couple years ago, my heel spur started acting up. It's also just a tad expensive right now. Plus they have moved the center with my favorite instructors to another part of town so the time investment would be 30 minutes to get there, 1 hour class, 30 minutes back and another 30 minutes to take care of dressing before and showering after. 2 1/2 hours a night is too much. The thing about Jazzercise is that i LOVE to dance. Guess i need to find a man who likes to dance and "make" him take me dancing.

Let's SHAKE our combined booty!

(Thanks Marebear for the cool graphics!!)