#15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 08:16
Leeloo Wannabe

Plan: Maint./Low GI (good carb)
Stats: 143/135/135 Female 5'8"
BF:25.6%/21.9%/>20%
Progress: 100%

Hi again!

Sarah! I would love that granola recipe! Thanks very much! I can't wait to try it, I'm just DYING for some crunchy stuff! Thanks for the tip on types of bread to keep my eyes out for. I used to love one called "squirrely" it was so seedy, but I think it also has honey and/or molasses. DANG!

Mmm, Kathy, your oatmeal sounds really good too. I love that you put jam and cream cheese in it. I'll bet it's very cheesecake-like (crust and all - from the flax and oatmeal!) I've got to give that a try. Now that you're on BFL, do you count your carbs or just make choices based on your knowledge of what things are low-carb, sugar-free and what things are low (or is it high that's better) on the glycemic index?

Seto, OMG, I totally hear you on not wanting to lower the fat now. I love cooking in butter and oil (not spray Pam like I'd always done before) and adding cream and cheese to recipes. OMG and i'm a HUGE fan of skin on meat. I know I should find it disgusting, even hubby hates the skin, but secretly I love it. I even enjoy the fattier parts of red meat. OMG, I'm really bad and can't believe I'm admitting it! DH will cut all his fat off, and so do I, but I "accidentally" leave some on and cut a bit of it with a bite of meat. LOL! It's truly amazing how wonderful full fat sour cream tastes. When I ate fat-free sour cream I thought there really was no difference, now, going back to the REAL DEAL - it's so much better. Same with mayo! I think I'm spoiled now and would have such a hard time lowering the fat in order to eat more carbs. Can we just keep the carbs low and keep eating the extra fats or does Dr. A. insist we move through to maintenance and lower fat and increase carbs?

Have a great day!
Lily