BF:
Progress: 20%

Hey all!

Here's my pledge...

I, Nikki, make this contract with myself and my fellow TDC fitness challengers:

*Workout 3x/week at Curves
*Do Body Flex as a supplement 1-3x/week
*Walk daily
*I also bowl in a weekly league, does that count as exercise??

I'm just getting back into exercising after a nasty back injury (non-workout related), so I'm starting off slowly. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things and make good progress with this challenge.

As for my past experiences w/exercise...
We go waaaay back. I became "lazy" once I graduated from high school and started working more. Then I entered college and tried exercising more, but my schedule didn't allow it. High school was my savior fitness-wise. I was active in sports my first two years (softball, bowling, volleyball) and then my last two years were filled with performing in show choirs (mixed and all-female)-- the showchoirs were basically singing and dancing for a straight 15-20 min. Nevermind the fact that I had after-school practice 3x/week for 2 hrs. on top of the 2 hrs./day that we practiced during school. I walked everywhere also since I wasn't allowed to have a car until I was 18.

Looking back, I think I was a lot harder on myself that I needed to be in regards to my self-image. I constantly weighed between 160-180 (depending on season) and was in shape (loads of tone and definition), but I always felt like I was HUGE. Now I'd give basically anything to be that size again-- that's where this challenge comes in. I've been working out at Curves since April of last year and I started Body Flex this past May (or so). Aside from medical absences/restraints, I've been pretty faithful to my regimen. I'm just now getting back to it all and need all the support that I can get to keep my working towards my goal. I went through a funk of sorts while being restricted from exercise, but I whole-heartedly feel that it's all behind me.

Together we'll make this challenge a success!

Nikki

PS- Sorry for the ramblings...