View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 14:59
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Choose the darker greens as they have alot more nutrician then iceburg. On induction it is limited to 3 cups of salad greens, which is actually a large salad. If you don't use your carbs in other areas though you can fit much more in.

The first thing you add back in on OWL is more veggies. Because salad greens are so high in fiber you can eat tons without getting anywhere near your net carb level.

I use spring mix salad, the prebagegd kind, and occasionaly add other things such as fresh spinich. To get to 20 net carbs you would have to eat almost 50 cups of mixed greens.

It's important to rememebr though that you are getting carbs from other sources. Shrimp, eggs, coffee, cream, and many other things have carbs. Other veggies also have varying amounts of carbs.

Make sure to have fat (can be the dressing) and some protien with your salad to slow the carbs entering the blood stream. I add shrimp, chicken, or other meats to my lunch salad.

During induction shoot for 3 cups salad greens (this is a nicce size lunch salad) and 1 cup of other veggies at least. You can add spinich to omlettes, make cauliflower fake potatos or rice, have a broccoli stirfry, use zucchini for hasbrowns or just throw on the grill, the ideas are endless