#5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:32
Registered Member

Plan: Shaklee Carb Smart
Stats: 200/195.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Wow NMMI! I bet you have some stories.

My family most recently is from Chicago (dad's dad side) by way of Saltillo, Mexico; (dad's mom side) by way of Andalusia (Seville I think) and Montevideo UR, mom's family is Western European mix stateside since the 1700's. Just your average Hienz 57.

Married, with pets. We just bought a house and are settling in. Alb is not my first choice, but could be worse. Kerem (DH) is from Turkey so we get over to Istanbul every couple of years. Since we bought the house his family has decided to come to us this year, YIKES! They are wonderful, just overwhelming. Turkish family is similar to Mex/Span family, gregarious, food, food, food, drink, music etc!!

Nice segue into LCing-college and grad school added about 30 lbs, being married to the bottomless pit with the metabolism of a butterfly added another 30 lbs. So here I am. My boss started Atkin's first and we travel together alot so I noticed he was eating differently and asked. He was getting good results, eating in a way that didn't seem unbearable difficult to manage so I thought why not. I've definitely tried wierder things.

I've been on again off again since May 2003. Overall I think I've lost probably 40 lbs with a couple of backslides and currently am 26 lbs lighter from where I topped out. Latest breakthrough is I have started thinking more in terms of life long eating plan than diet. Since that mind set I've been less focused on the weight coming off and more excited about permanent changes in eating habits. Same with exercize, not losing weight and shrinking but quality time with DH and our four-legged family.

Whew - that got wordy, your turn.
Domus