View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:22
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I too have been watching Dr. Phil. I can appreciate what he is doing with these people in "helping them get real". I think anything that you work...works! In other words I happened to find Atkins at a time when I was really truly ready to work. I for one think that low carbing is the best way to go FOR ME. I dont feel qualifed to tell other people that their way is incorrect..if it works for you then God Speed. If I had tried Atkins (wonderful as it is) six months earlier perhaps it would not have worked for me because I had not come to terms with my weight and how it was affecting my life. We have all heard from the people who "say" they have been following Atkins for six months and have managed to lose 3 pounds. For me my obesity has never been about food and it has always been emotional. Trust me no one likes french fries enough to get to 304 pounds. There are some serious underlying issues (in most cases) for us to become morbidly obese.

I am all for mental health and working through your issues. I was using food to fill an emotional void. Once I was recognizing that I felt ready to take some steps to remedy my situation. Ok now I am feeling like I am babbling. Hopefully some of you can relate to this post.

My obesity was a way for me to continue to live in chaos. I chose chaos so I would not have to deal with my internal issues. Iyanla Van Zant (sp) has a really good quote "when you see crazy coming..cross the street". Sometimes in order to keep the chaos going we invite crazy in and tell (him) to make (himself) at home...put your feet up and set awhile.