View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 07:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Becky, that was sooooo funny - and true !
Yesterday was my super-ultra-mega carb day. I do it once a month and this was my third. I discovered it near the end of month 1 of the diet, when I got really frustrated after maaaaaany days without losing anything... I just went out and ate eveything I knew I shouldn't. I mean, really everything. Bread, chocolate, pasta... Surprise, surprise.... I started losing again. The same thing happened near the end of month 2. I did the same thing and it worked again. This is the end of my 3rd month and I feel that all the weight I lost this month was during the first 2 weeks. Nothing in the last two weeks... So yesterday my husband and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant and I had (hold on to your seats !!!!): lots of Italian bread (warm with olive oil), then, fettuttini with pesto sauce and shrimps, THEN, pecan pie with vanilla ice-cream. THEN, my husband had a little surpise for me waiting at home: my absolute favorite treat in the world: almond paste covered in chocolate. It was heaven! I know you must think I went completely nuts, but this thing has worked for me before and I though that it was worth to give it another try. I read in the Atkins book something about all-fruit days or all-pasta days and how those days are supposed to shock your system into action again.
I don't need to tell you that I don't have the guts to weight today, but I will by the end of the week and tell you the results....
The funny thing is that I hear everybody saying that after a while of low-carbing if they eat too many carbs they feel nauseated, bloated, sick, constipated and so on... Let me tell you: I feel terrific ! No problem at all. What can I say ?
I just hope this works again, our I'll be in big trouble....