View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-21-01, 17:20
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default debbie you are just so NOT a dummy!

This whole issue of declaring carbs and fiber and sugar and all ... is making my head spin. So much confusion, and do we subtract or don't we??. At the moment, the best we have to go by is to use the calorie count as the guide, and calculate the protein and fat .. and any calories leftover have t be considered carbs that contribute calories.

In this case, it "appears" that there are 8g carbs that contribute calories (or effective carbs as called in Protein Power). Since fiber does not contribute calories, I'm assuming then, that the beans provide 8g digestible carbs AND 7g fiber in addition. So instead of stating there's 15g carbs minus 7g fiber, they're listing them as separate entities.

Throw into that equation the fact that some manufacturers include fiber in the CALORIE count. **sigh**

I will email the Eden company, to find out the scoop. I would dearly love it if in fact my calculation is incorrect, and the beans really do have only 1g effective carbs. I've had the Eden black soybeans before and they're delicous, not soy-ey tasting at all.

Doreen