Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 22:23
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%
Arrow Another new TDC member

Hello to all!

My name is Nancy and I have about 135lbs to lose, so I guess I fit in here rather nicely. I've been lurking on the board for a while now and reading posts and so I already feel like I know many of you. Those of us who are super-sized (and believe me, 260lbs on a 5'2" small frame makes me look huge) have some very special challenges to face. It's easier to deal with those things when you're among folks who understand what you're going through and can offer the kind of support and encouragement you need for the long haul. And it will be a long journey I know, because though there's finally some light at the end of the tunnel for me, it still looks like a pinprick from here. But somehow, by hell or high water, I'm going to get there this time.

I have been so very impressed with the courage and openess of this group that I had to get right in here and post. My general board introduction is up and I've started a journal, and now I'm raring to get more deeply involved. Weight loss is a lonely journey for me because I am the only one in my household or among my close friends who is still actively working at it. Some of them need to, some don't, but most of them aren't even making an effort anymore and no one wants to talk about it as much as I do. And I'm sure I don't have to tell you all the negative things that uninformed and jealous folks say ablout the LC WOE. It gets rough out there sometimes.

This is far from my first attempt to lose the excess weight I'm carrying - I've been obese most of my life and have dieted off and on since age 12. Sometimes I did well for a while, sometimes I crashed and burned immediately after takeoff. It's gotten a lot harder over the years - I've given up in disgust for whole years at a time and focussed on other things. But this is the last attempt I'm going to make because I've finally found something that works for me and I'm ready to commit to this WOL for good. This time all the weight is coming off, and none of it is going back on.
Sponsored Links