View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 15:40

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default [begin rant]

Oooooh this makes me mad, and it hits way too close to home.

I've had PCOS since puberty and it was not unusual for me to go 3 years between periods. When I talked to doctors about it, they never diagnosed PCOS, they were too lazy in my opinion, they just told me to lose weight and I would be "fine," that was their answer for everything. And I lost weight, but I was never fine.

It took low-carbing, which normalized my hormones, after close to 30 years, finally to "cure" my PCOS. I am still "obese" but my PCOS, borderline diabetes, high blood pressure, and a host of other ills are all gone. I have never, not even when I was a kid, been so healthy.

I am so frustrated with obesity's (and hense the people who are obese) being blamed for all these ills. Thin women have PCOS, thin men and women have type II diabetes, thin people have heart problems and high blood pressure. If overweight were the cause of these health problems, they would all be fat too.

The more I read, the more convinced I am that overweight and obesity are just more symptoms of over-eating carbs (and probably trans fats too) along with heart problems, diabetes, acid reflux, etc. If I had not overeaten carbs from the start, I am sure I would not have developed the intollerance I have for carbs and the health problems I have mostly gotten rid of.

[end rant]