View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 12:23
Contributing Member

Plan: CKD - TKD
Stats: 270/265/240 Male 70 in
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hey Serena, personally, I think it can be that simple. If you aren't doing this in preps for a show than it doesn't have to be that strict to work. I've done both ways, strict and laid-back with very similar results. When I tried it with just eating anything on the wknds, it actually helped with moral and made it less stressful for me. Of course you don't want to go beserk but I remember reading Lyle's 20 wk report and recall that he ate to the brink of not being able to move and still lose fat. I've carbed up for 24, 36, 48 hrs and the weight will still come off. I generally try to keep my carbups on the leaner side staying away from fats.

As for the time it takes you to get into ketosis, that's about how long it takes me. Usually by the end of the 2nd day, I'll begin to see trace amts of ketones. Don't sweat it, sometimes I'll get there earlier and sometimes later. You'll definitely learn a lot about how your body works and it's timing....

word of advice to keep in mind, you might encounter stalls or what will appear to be a stall, if you aren't using a tape measure at that point, switch to it. the tale of the tape is sometimes more accurate than the scale. another thing is as the closer you come to your goal weight, the harder it will be for the fat to want to leave. it's just a biological script.

hope this helps good luck!