View Single Post
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well, I always had known how fat I was. My problem was I just didn't know what to do about it. I didn't want to attempt to lose weight improperly on a plan I knew I couldn't maintain, because I was scared of getting into that yo-yo dieting mode and ruining my metabolism/ability to lose weight.

My cousin who is very obese had lost 40 pounds just by cutting out all refined carbohydrate. She told me how I could do it to, I could lose weight. Me, lose weight? For the first time ever, I felt a low carb plan is something I could stick with and make work, so I started doing the research on atkins. I read everything on their website, the science behind it, plus pro and anti atkins material available on the web. My conclusion was, I was convinced atkins worked (the science re: insulin and processed food just made so much sense) and most anti-atkins groups were motivated by monetary greed (grain or weight loss industry agents). After I decided the insulin connection was the foundation of weight gain, and the diet was healthy and sustainable, I began a strict induction immediately.

That was over 6 months and 90 pounds ago . The weight came off so fast I couldn't (and still can't) believe it. I couldn't believe the shakiness and ravenous hunger I had lived with all my life were just gone. I had cut my calories more than in half, and my body was still not protesting! It was as if LC caused my body to make a seamless transition to using body fat in absence of adequate dietary intake. The weight was and is just melting off, as if the refined carbs were some kind of allergen exclusively causing the weight gain.

LC really was a lifesaver, it gave me a chance for a normal healthy future.