#2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 16:40
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Welcome Back!

I'm not sure if I can help, especially since you are such a veteran of LC weight loss! You’re obviously doing a lot of things right because people tend to pop right back up the scale (and then some) once off this WOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldypgmr
Now I have been told that I can go back to lowering the carbs, HOWEVER.... don't you just love howevers!!!. .. I need to monitor my blood sugar level to make sure it is not dropping tooooooo low.

I was curious if the standard Atkins approach is really the plan for you right now? If so, maybe doing a ‘reverse’ induction … do the maintenance level carbs first, then walk yourself down into OWL if your blood sugar can handle it? I know induction is supposed to get you into ketosis and stop cravings for some foods, but a lot of people start LCing a whole different way. Liz (Liz175) for example, started eating healthier carbs and cut them down along the way … and she’s lost 90+ pounds!!

Six months ago my fasting sugars were 300+, now they’re 160-ish, but throughout the day, I dip into the 90-100 … and frankly, I hate it. This is normal for most people, but I start the sweating and shaking at ~105. Yuck. It’s going to take more time for my body to get used to this level. So while I'm probably way out of your league, I can empathize. When your blood sugar is out of whack, either too high or too low, it’s a serious drag.

I’m sending you a nice stable blood sugar hug! Hope you’re feeling better soon. You already know you can make it, it’s just getting used to this new bump in the road.