View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:34

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Talking Let's talk green tea extract...

Wow, just got some green tea extract. Couldn't find any that was "standardized" as recommended in other posts, but I did fine one that said the following.

315 grams of the extract

then it said equivelent to 3 cups of green tea

with the caffeine of 1/5th that amount.

Here are my calculations on the caffeine:

one "cup" of tea is 5 oz, which seems to be the standard.

So three cups would be 15 oz. of tea.

According to a celestial seasonings tea box I read once, 8 oz of green tea has 15 mg of caffeine. Therefore, 3 cups, 15oz will have about 30mg of caffine. One fifth of that number is 6 mg.

6mg of caffeine is absolutely NOTHING... probably 1/10th what I have in a regular day.

So why did taking this supplement at 2 PM keep me awake till about 2 AM?? 12 hours for 6mg caffeine? Something doesn't add up...

Any thoughts?
Is it the extra effect of the green tea kicking in? Honestly, 3 cups of green tea isn't that much anyway... I CERTAINLY felt alot hotter then usual.

(Is it hot in here, or is it just me? )

Oh by the way, big whoosh overnight...I did go running last night but also there were many bathroom trips yesterday, the whole water balance thing is pretty interesting huh?

Edited to add a second point: One tea bag seems to make a 12 OZ cup of tea just as strong as a 5 oz cup of tea. What is the "standardized" concentration of a "cup" of tea? This is all very ambiguous.

One more addition, TOM showed up this morning, I wonder if hormone levels had to do with the heat or the whoosh or the many lbs of water my body decided to drop yesterday??

One MORE thing. Here's a great link on Green tea, I'm pretty scientific but can't verify it it's valid info or not, I just dont know quite enough. As usual, anything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt!! It does seem really intersting though, Warning: chemistry lesson!
http://www.drumlib.com/dp/000018.htm
Sponsored Links