View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 02:40

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Hmmm. Were you having any sugar cravings before you stopped smoking? Cigarette addiction is perhaps the worst of all. What is interesting is the number of devious devices the addicted subconscious mind will come up with to get one to have a smoke and restart the addiction. So...."ever since I stopped smoking," ....I gained weight/ sleep all the time/ find myself following the smell of smoke/ Oh, I am so stressed..../ Well, I had a drink and everyone was smoking/And now, the new LC version.... " I crave sugar all the time"....so natch, one has to have a cigarette in order to STOP all those bad things that happen after one stops smoking.

So think about it...might this be what is happening? That your cigarette addiction is trying to manipulate you into having a smoke? It could very well be... try the suggestions given, drink heaps of water, and if you aren't eating many carbs, then you know that the call of sugar isn't really a call of sugar, its that sneaky nicotine addiction in disguise...finding whatever is at hand to get you back to it.