View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 22:56
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

I have bought it in the past, and was pleased with it -- the texture is quite fine and fluffy. The only real problem I had with it was the inconvenience of having to order it well in advance. Since my heavy-duty food processor does a really nice job, now I just make my own instead. If you're not equipped with a good food processor, I'd definitely order it -- it's about as close to "real" flour as you can make almonds get, and works very well for baked goods. Of course, you may still want to save it for foods where you really need a finer texture, and grind your own for, say, battering fried foods, where a little coarseness doesn't matter so much.

If you cook a lot, you may definitely want to think about getting a nice food processor, though. I like to mess around in the kitchen, and use mine at least four or five times a week. It really is a big help for a lot of low-carb staple foods, since it makes quick work of stuff like shredding zucchini, grating cauliflower for rice, and grating your own cheeses (freshly grated parmesan is so much better than anything you can buy). You might suggest to your DH that it would be a good Christmas present -- there's nothing wrong with giving nice, expensive, sincerely wanted appliances as gifts!