View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 22:36

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I have to agree with Rosebud here..should you not be gradually increasing your calorie intake now that you are at goal? If you remain at this level your metabolism will never correct itself....and you will end up like me at 63, stuck at 156 lbs and unable to lose due to total turtle metabolism. This is partly due to always being on such low calories to keep weight off during my youth rather than exercising.

Have you worked out your resting Metabolism rate, taking into account your exercise, weight, height and so on? It sounds like you might be eating below that..if so, it will lower your BMR and you will later regret having done this hugely.

Glad to hear the techniques are working re your 'food thoughts' while studying problem.

But take note, (psych's hat back on here), continued preoccupation with lower calorie levels at your weight is a sign that you are still acting like what is called a restrained eater and this means that you have a ways to go yet in terms of freeing yourself from a dieter's mentality. Take a look at the journals of some of the women who work out a lot on the exercise forums..you will see there are quite a few at goal weight who are consuming much more than you are.

Val