View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 10:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

People are already suing fast food restaurants...and I think it's wrong. Nobody is tricking or forcing people into eating foods they know will make them fat or unhealthy...who BUYS the Happy Meal for a two year old?

Our school does get a break from the soft drink companies for having the machines in the school, but they are turned OFF except for after school hours and during basketball games. There are also rules about a certain percent of the offerings have to be bottled water and fruit juice. You can't FORCE the kids to choose them, but suprisingly, they sell as well as the sugary things!

I keep treats in the house, but have largely cut out refined sugar and white bread, etc.. At first I tried being militant about it, but it backfired!! The forbidden fruit that tastes especially sweet... when I backed off, I was amazed to see they ate the veggies I had cut up for snacking (I pretended they were "special" for ME.....and they disappeared!) and left the chips languishing in the pantry except for the occasional handful.

What worked for me may not work for everybody, but my 18-yr-old survived it, and is normal weight, navigating the perils of college eating pretty well! My 12-yr-old would LOVE it if I let him eat sugar all day, but tests me on ALL levels to see how much he can get away with....it's a kid thing, I guess!

We all have to make the choices we feel are best...it's not easy is it?
Sponsored Links