View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi girls ! There's something wrong with this site today and I'm not sure this reply will appear or not....

Thanks for the support !!!
Oh, we have the same problem here in Brazil with sizes, a US size 14 would be a XXL here (??!!??) We have that chain of stores here - Zara - which I think is Spanish, isn't it Becky? Anyway, the size of their clothes is ridiculous! I don't know why they do that and I'm sure they would sell a lot more if they had bigger sizes. My sister in law is the most 'normal' person you have ever seen, both in weight and height and she wears a size XL there .... She is not a XL person by any measure... Go figure...
My jeans are a size 34 for Levi's which is the same all over the world and I'm not sure how that relates to the normal size systems. I would guess that I'm now a size 16 (US).
I totaly agree with you guys about not buying clothes until I reach my goal. I made the same promise to myself. But the problem is that I dont have clothes of all sized hanging in my closed. My clothes are either 'before' clothes (size 12 US) from the time I got married and right after I had the plastic surgery - which are still way too tight - or MATERNITY clothes. Believe me, you don't want to be wearing maternity clothes when you are not pregnant. Pleople keep asking how far along you are, is it a boy or a girl... And you have to keep from strangling them right then and there ! So, to make a long story a little shorter: I HAD TO BUY SOME CLOTHES !!!! As if I needed any excuse for that : ). Plus, I'm going to London to visit my brother next month and I needed to wear something presentable, right? I'm excited about the trip but at the same time sad to leave my babies and husband behind.... It will be only 10 days but my heart is already aching. But my Mom invited me to go with her, 5 days in London, 5 days in Paris. I just couldn't say no ! For you guys living in Europe maybe it doesn't seem like much but for us it is! You don't get to go to Europe for FREE everyday... I spent two summers studying in London so it will be great to go back after all this time...
Can someone please stop me ? Ok, I promise I'll try to keep my postings shorter !
And I don't even know if this one is working or not : )
Anyway, thanks for your support and now I'll get back to work !
Did I mention that I work from home, so I usually work saturdays and Sundays ? Ooooooppppppsssss here I go again !!!
See you !