... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Wink

Quote:
i was a size 20-22W when i was at 298

WOW Crysania … You must indeed carry your weight well! I bought some non-stretch pants on sale in size 22-24 (they were gorgeous and cost $6!!) and while it wasn’t quite sausage casing, it was uncomfortably close. I’m 26-28 currently. So … just using you for an example, you’ve lost 6 (or 3, depending on how you count) Women’s sizes in ~ 50 lbs. At 250 I could roughly estimate needing a 20-22. It’ll be interesting to see if that’s true for me. Thanks for letting me use you as a psychic model!

Diana ~ I love the hourglass look! I was getting distinctly ‘barrel’ like, all ’apple’ fat, but I’m looking forward to being curvier again soon.

Quote:
What happened to junior sizes. In the olden days I thought of wearing an 11 or 13, but my daughter and her friends talk of 2, 4, 6 (no one would admit to larger than 6).

No kidding, Quest. I think it’s our ‘thin at any cost’ culture that’s affecting younger and younger girls. Have you noticed that there are far fewer kids in the middle? More are either very thin or pretty plump. I firmly believe that our society’s focus on thinness (rather than a healthy weight) is creating fatter kids and eating disorders - not to mention all that wasted energy spent on trying to achieve an impossible ideal. Sigh. I guess it’s just the cycle that will keep this sub forum going for a new generation.

Hi Ilovemykid ~ Ah… another girl like me who has a hard time imagining what slender would look like. Have you ever tried the Virtual Model program at Crysania mentioned? It’s fun to play around with, even though who knows if it reflects how we’d actually appear at any given weight.

Hey! We could ‘cut and paste’ a motivational picture by using Virtual Model and a current pix! (That age progression is a great idea, BTW, Diemde!)

Hi Marty! Not only not goofy, but so right on. I think it’s an issue for a lot of us. I have definitely played the ‘fat girl’ role. I wonder how I would react to different attention from the world? Would becoming less visible (freaky) really be a relief? Conversely, how would I deal with more sexual attention? What if people who have always been rude suddenly want to be friendly? Would I smack them over the head with a frying pan and go to jail for 80 years?? All these questions float through my head from time to time (okay, not the frying pan thing! ) I think if we process these changes, and are aware that they don’t happen overnight, but slowly during our weight loss, we’ll do fine. Or so I hope!