View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 13:06
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Depo should not effect your weight loss. I spoke with my doctor about it when I first becan taking the shots again. The reason many have a hard time losing on the birth control pill is because it contains estrogen. Depo is pure progesterone.

It is possible to gain weight on depo, only because it can cause carb cravings. If you are on Atkins though you should have your cravings under control through induction. If not I would suggest doing a clean induction again, meaning no shakes, bars, or treats.

One side effect is the period lost. That means no wooshes after, but also no gains as you retain. I still get mild PMS symptoms and some spotting though. I think around that time I may plateau a bit then start up again later, hard to tell.

If you do decide to quite depo, what BC will you go to? Birth control pills have way more side effects and problems with weight gain. There is the new IUD, I havn't heard anything about that relating to weight. Personally I prefer the depo to the alternative. Being pregnant is how I gained most o fmy weight