Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:06
Carb Nazi

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%
Angry Just Bored!

Hi Folks:

O.K., I have been at the for almost 8 weeks and have lost 23 pounds. I feel good, I am not hungry... the cravings have ended and the weight loss continues. I have not had even one cheat whatsoever in over 50 days. So what is the problem? I AM BORED WITH THIS!
A year ago I went through the same thing. I made it three weeks and lost 18 pounds that time, and it wasn't that the Atkins way was difficult for me, I just got bored and quit doing it. This time I swore I wouldn't get in that mind set again, but now its creeping back.
What am I bored with? Now that the fast weight loss is over (I am losing 2 to 3 pounds a week which I know is great) I don't have that great excitement each morning going to the scale. I am tired of eating the same things over and over and over. I just get to the point that I would rather not eat at all because I am not excited about the food and I am not hungry. But I know I have to eat. I am tired of looking in the refrigerator and the cupboard and seeing all the things I can't eat that are quick, easy and filling (potato chips, cookies, sandwiches, etc) and rather trying to find something I can eat on this diet that is the least bit appealing. I am tired of the day-to-day, moment-to-moment mental concentration on watching everything I put in my mouth.
I know I should be happy with my success and I am determined to stick with it. But I was wondering if anyone else goes through this? I am thinking that maybe I should go eat a pizza (the food I miss most) and get it out of my system, but I don't want to set myself back.
Most of the problems I read on the forum concerning this WOL is in cheating, cravings, stalls, etc. which I am not having problems with. I AM JUST BORED AND MENTALLY EXHAUSTED WITH IT! Your thoughts appreciated. madmike
Sponsored Links