View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 18:33

Plan: Atkins/NHE
Stats: 100/92/92 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 100%

LOL, I thought I was the only one who watched the episode and got mad.

I am a big fan of the view and like Joy the best becasue she says what she feels and not hide or sugar coat it.

However, I didn't appreciate their attitude toward Atikns/Low carb diet. Before Dr. Atkins passed away, whenever he was on the show, they shrugged off or eyeballed him when he told them to limit carb and they always told him they would never able to give up bread and pasta.

They always made comment that Atkins/Low carb is bad for you right after his segment was over. And I thougt that their attitude toward Dr. Atkins or ppl on Atkins/Low carb is rude even before I was on Atkins.

And I think last week or week before, Joan Lundon was on the show promoting her 'benefiber' and she said "becasue y'all on a high protein and low carb diet, you don't get enough fiber...you need to eat high carb food to get enough fibers blah blah" and all the women on the pannel agreed with her.

High carb food like potatoes? or bread and rice? Puh ha ha

I think they should carefully learn the facts before they criticize about Atkins/Low carb diet or anything else.