View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 10:23
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Sounds like the consensus thus far is YES! I’m going to start working on a image of my destination … it may not look like where I end up, but at least I’ll have an idea of where I want to go. Maybe I’ll start another thread about how we’d look and feel at our goal weight when I figure out what that is to me?

Lilly ~ It’s great that you have a clear picture of what you could look like again! May not be how you've thought of it, maybe noticing how much you've changed, but you do have a clear destination in mind.

Tulips ~ I have a love/hate relationship with Dr. Phil. Have you been watching his diet challenge series? I haven’t caught any programs this season, but I’m interested in his take on the psychological aspects of weight loss.

Jessie ~ I love the idea of melting fat as you sleep! And it’s interesting that you feel it has improved your weight loss. I remember hearing years ago that athletes who visualize a good performance did as well, if not better, than athletes who spent an equal amount of time physically practicing. That’s pretty powerful stuff!

Hey Crysania, I’m 6’ tall, too, and reached my full height at 14. Did a lot of people assume you were much older at the time? Adults often thought I was a teacher rather than a student. The good news is that I look a little younger than my peers, now. I was imagining I’d be a size 18-20 at my goal weight of 190 (just like you!) - but I‘m going to have to reassess that a little if you‘re at 14-16 at 250. Right now, I wear a 26-28, however, since I’m 17 years older than you, I’m sure I’ll fill a larger size at our goal. What size did you wear at your highest weight?

Thanks for responding to this thread, everyone!