View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 07:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/150/135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Wow - I'm glad other folks are dealing with this too. My mom knows just enough about Atkins to ask irritating questions. She keeps asking me when can I "add in" more stuff, and what she means by that is all the bread/pasta/potatoes etc. that I'm planning on avoiding even when I'm out of OWL. She also keeps saying in a worried voice, "you can't eat this way forever, can you? It can't be good for you." Well, she has been doing WW forever, and eating all kinds of nasty and fake foods. She is the queen of the rice cake and fat free everything - which I tried at one time but just couldn't stand. She just can't understand how eating LC can be good for you, but she won't read the book to understand it. It is very frustrating, but at least she isn't actively trying to make me eat stuff. Luckily, even though my BF is a string bean who can eat carbs all day without it affecting him, he is very supportive of my WOE.

But you do have to watch for other poeple who want to sabatoge your progress. Family is the worst, but friends can be equally bad, particularly if it is a parent who has known from the day of your birth how to push your buttons (since they put them there!). Dr. Atkins has a section about it either in DANDR or in AFL, but I can't remember which one. I think they also have it on the website. People just don't like change, and sometimes it is hard to stick to your guns! But hey, we know what is a healthy weight for us, how we feel after losing weight, and it is for US to decide how and what we eat!