View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 05:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

I never watch the View but saw an hour special on Al Roker last night and it really opened my eyes to him. He tried to hide that he got that surgery. He didnt even tell his mother. That poor guy tried every diet, and tried to exercise and nothing worked. His BMI was 50, he was going to die. His fathers last wish was that he lose weight and he took the risk.
What happened to him after surgery was he lost his appetite, something that never happened before in his life. He does not endorse this or any other weight loss measure. And he said that even with this weight loss stalls.
Its easy for Joy to bash Atkins because a lot of the portion control messages are not up front. "Eat liberally" and then a list of food is contradicted by "eat until satisfied not full". And recommended portion sizes are also in between the lines and you really have to study the atkins books and fact sheets to learn what size a normal portion of protein is-a pack of cigarettes it turns out. It took me a month of failure to find that out and that you can only eat a butter sauce once a week.
I think there is room in this world for people to disagree about things, but no one can disagree that the supersize portions have supersized this country and is spreading around the globe-check the low carb studies forum for 2 articles I posted on the issue.