#14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 21:15
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

My two cents, sent in by the form:

I was really suprised by the amount of misinformation that was provided in the recent bit on Atkins and Low Carb eating. The majority of us Low Carbers have thoroughly read Dr. Atkin's book(s) and shake our heads each time more bad press is spread around.

People correctly following the plan get plenty of fiber and gradually increase their carb intake to a suitable level for their specific needs. We have wonderful support networks (check out http://forum.lowcarber.org for instance) for sharing success stories and giving encouragement where it is needed. These forums are also a great pooled source of information. It has been my experience that when someone has bad side effects from this WOE (way of eating) it is normally due to an oversite on their part and can be corrected by methods provided in the Atkin's books.

Atkin's is aimed at better eating, eating whole foods, the closer to fresh, the better. We have become a society that relies on processing and preservatives and we've shorted out our own bodies self regulatory systems with this *unnatural* way of eating.

I've been doing Atkins for 5 months, I've lost 45 pounds and relocated my self-esteem. I know that I still have a way to go, but I know I will get there, gradually, and in good health.