View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 16:45

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default My Funniest LC Mistake Was...

For me, it was treating myself on Tuesday to the Reese's LC peanut butter cups, and Stover's mint patties. Both were a buck fifty at Walmart, and darn if I wasn't tired of making my own. No kids in the car, I had the day to myself, so...why not?

One peanut butter cup tasted sooo good. Another tasted even better. At 2 carbs each or so, I thought I could afford it. Well, ride along with me and you'll see that it takes 20 minutes to get to Costco from Walmart. No kids. No hurries. Just Annie and her candies. Enjoy! What the heck, life is too short and I've been so good on Atkins.

Two hours later, I get home and dang if I didn't have the worst stomach ache since heck was a pup. If you've seen the original 1950 Cheaper By The Dozen, then you'll understand when I say "I saw Mrs. Murphy". Well, Mrs. Murphy and I got really nicely acquainted all night long. I mean, all night long. Oh good grief.
Lesson learned: Listen to the folks here who say to watch the malitol effect. One other lesson learned: What was at Costco in the candy section? Sugar-Free Reese's peanut butter cups and chocs, $7.99 a bucket. I'll pass, thank you.

Any other good stories about LC mistakes?
Annie-Pie
Sponsored Links