View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 15:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/163/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:???
Progress: 40%
Post newbie? PCOS, Atkins, Hair, Yasmin? & Sugar Busters?

in a nutshell... I have had pcos since puberty or earlier? My mother also had it (back in the day when they would "wedge" the ovaries for treatment & give full hysterectomys w/complications). I was "asssumptively" diagnosed by my first regular ob/gyn in 1993 and offerd bcp management. I as trying to become pregnant so I tracked BBT, vag. mucous, cervical location & of course the barely there periods. After a year of BCP, and an exploratory surgery where adhesions were removed, and 3 mos. of chlomid - i successfully became pregant and now have a 8 year old daughter. I NEVER had weight trouble before the preg. - infact was underweight. - however all pcos symptoms snowballed post delivery - hair, acne, skin tags, mood swings, NO periods instead of few, weight gain (eating by the food pyramid).
i was also involved in a pcos rx study with no improvement - last year.
then low-carbing was reccomended in march of 2003 - I started immediately. I lost 25 lbs. in 3 mos. & periods came on almost immediately, but i had no change in hair... i "took a break" from atkins from july 4th - labor day & periods stopped. as soon as i went back on induction 9.3.3 - i started period again.
so i just went to my first RE - and he recommended Yasmin to help w/hair and said keep on the low-carb since it seems to be helping - but he reccomended sugarbusters???

looking for any comments on yasmin and/or sugarbusters?????

also willing to offer the "extended story" or any details to any member that may need help.

thanks in advance redfern - this is my first post - please excuse any fubars
Sponsored Links