#15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 11:00

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmpy
Glad that you've seen the Light. But when you say that you can never eat normal again. I must disagree with you there. I think that the way we are eating is the normal way our bodies were meant to eat. Not the way most of the world is eating now.
I feel so good eating this way. No depression, So much energy. Maybe what I'm really feeling is the way we are suppose to feel all the time...Normal.
Oh and yuckycarbo I'd have to disagree with you to. Without a doubt you can lose and maintain weight loss eating low-fat. But I really believe that eating LC is far more healthy. Just look at the blood work of those who LC compared to those doing Low fat. Look at effect this WOE has on diabetes and those with high blood pressure.
Obesity, Diabetes (type 2), High Blood Pressure, and High Cholesterol Levels are all improved with any weight loss program, but most programs just treat the symptoms, LCing treats the cause of most of these problems....too much insulin. When it come to being more healthy, Low Carb eating has them all beat.

Might want to read my post again. I never said it wasn't possible to lose weight on low-fat. And whether or not atkins is more healthy than a regular diet is still, in my opinion, something that needs to be proven. I think that if you follow a low-fat diet to a tee, then it can be a very healthy way of living. However, the problem is, 99% of people don't eat correctly on a low-fat diet. The atkins diet is more forgiving in my opinion, where as a low-fat diet is more strict. But just because low-fat diets have caused lots of obesity does not mean that it is a bad diet, it just means that most people don't follow it properly.