View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 09:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

Wish I could find the words that might help you never to become discouraged. But I think we all get that way from time to time. It's how we handle it that really makes the difference. I guess my best advice would be to try and see you results on a monthly bases.
2 weeks ago I was up a couple pounds, Last week I was down 7 pounds. today is my weight in day and I broke even. When I do the adding and subtracting on a monthly scale I'm always happy with the total results. Try not to get too caught up in the day to day ups and downs and focus on the Big Picture.
It seems that you are off to a great start. Be patient.
Lets see, I've never left induction levels of carbs but I have added in nuts and fruits.
I have had 2 planned cheats. Both times I did not enjoy it and both time it set me back 2 weeks. I will not have any more cheats until after I reach my goal. And after I reach goal I plan on having mexican food every 2 or 3 months just because I love it so. But never back to the old ways that got me up to over 300 lbs again.
How do I feel? .... GREAT! I'm always full of energy now. Always in a great mood. I've have never felt this way in my entire life.
What is my goal?...Hmmmmm... Well for many long and fat years I've been a spectator in the game of life. Just watching others play. Now I feel like I'm a part of the team and I'm standing on the side lines and I even get to play a little. My goal it to get in the game every day. I want to be the Poster Child for the Low Carb way of eating. "IT worked for me , It can work for you"
Best of Luck.